Sweet and Sassy Jamaican Jerk Candied Almonds
- 2 ½ cups whole raw almonds
- *any nut of your choice can be substituted. A mixture of nuts would work as well. *Protip: buy your favorite nut blend either raw or pre-roasted. Be sure to use UNSALTED if using premixed nut blend
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ReggaeSpice Jamaican Jerk Instant Wet Marinade
- ¾ tsp Booyah Jamaican Seasoning
- ⅛ cup raw sugar *optional - can be omitted for a more savory finish depending on preference
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 18x13 half sheet pan or rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
In a separate mixing bowl mix ¾ tsp Booyah seasoning and ⅛ cup raw sugar. Set aside.
2. Once the oven has come to temp, place RAW nut mix on parchment paper and roast for eight to ten minutes.
If you are using a PRE ROASTED nut blend - skip this step.
3. After eight minutes use a wooden spoon to mix the nut mixture. If you can smell the roasted nuts, remove them from the oven. Nuts should roast no longer than 10 minutes.
4. Let the nuts cool, place in a separate mixing bowl, and set aside. Do not discard parchment paper-lined pan - set aside to use for the last roasting step. Keep the oven prepped at 350 degrees, do not turn it off.
5. Melt butter, brown sugar, and honey in a nonstick saucepan on medium heat until all ingredients are in a liquid state. Add 2 tsp ReggaeSpice Jamaican Jerk Instant Wet Marinade. Keep the mixture on the heat until at a low simmer, remove from heat.
Pour butter mixture over nut blend and mix until nuts are evenly coated.
Place coated nuts back onto a parchment-lined sheet pan - bake for another 10 minutes at 350.
6. After 10 minutes, remove the pan from the oven. Let the nuts cool slightly for about 5 minutes. At this point, you can either toss nuts in the dry sugar and Booyah spice mixture you have set aside or you can sprinkle the mix over the nuts in the pan.
If tossing nuts in the dry mix, once coated, return them back to the parchment-lined pan to cool completely.