Fish 'n' Chips Recipe
Mix up that daily routine with some good ole soul food! This recipe will please the soul and taste buds of adults and kids alike! We dare you to slap your taste buds with it, we know you'll love it!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 TBSP cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups water
2 tsp BooYah seasoning
Marinade of choice (French Indian and Thai Coconut are our favorites)
-2 tsp for Hot & Spicy per pound
-4 tsp for Sweet & Sassy per pound
Fish of Choice
- Preheat fryer or hot oil
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, salt, BooYah, and water in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Sprinkle BooYah onto both sides of your fish fillets.
- Cut fillets to 3-4 inch lengths
- Apply marinade to both sides of fish. Spread evenly.
- Take one fillet at a time, holding it by the end, and dredge fish in batter until completely covered. Place immediately in fryer or hot oil.
- Fry fish until golden brown or reaches desired crispiness. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with lemon and any desired dipping sauce.