French Indian Apricot Crockpot Meatballs
- 26 oz bag of frozen homestyle meatballs
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots (onions work as well)
- 6 tsp ReggaeSpice French Indian Curry Instant Wet Marinade
- 4 tbsp butter
1. Coat a crockpot with nonstick spray. Place the entire bag of frozen meatballs in a crockpot. Set aside. Wait to turn on the crockpot until sauce is added.
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt preserves in the microwave for thirty-second increments until thin. Preserves can be melted in a saucepan over medium heat as well. Whisk in ketchup, garlic, shallots, and ReggaeSpice Instant wet marinade. Combine well. Add sauce to the crockpot of meatballs. Toss meatballs to coat in sauce. Add butter.
2. Cook meatballs for three hours on low heat. Stirring occasionally. If the sauce is too thick, stream water or a light sodium beef or vegetable stock into the sauce for the last 15 min of cooking time to thin out.
**pro tip - sprinkle finely chopped flat leaf parsley and/or red/green onion over meatballs just before serving for a beautiful garnish and pop of fresh flavor